Legal – Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions for Culture Chat LLC
Revision date: 21 June, 2021 – Amendments will be noted in Italic
These Terms & Conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of Culture Chat LLC’s Website, located at https://culturechat.us/.
APPLICABLE LAW. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Florida with exclusive venue for any legal action shall be in Palm Beach County, Florida, U.S.A.
By accessing this website, you accept these Terms & Conditions. Do not continue to use Culture Chat LLC if you do not agree to apply all of the terms and conditions stated on this page.
Culture Chat LLC reserves the right to amend these Terms And Conditions at any time. It is recommended to read and agree with these Terms and Conditions before accessing this website.
Culture Chat LLC and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights for all material on Culture Chat (Culture Chat LLC). All intellectual property rights and trademark are reserved, including the hereafter logo and motto of Culture Chat, as well as the concept:
Don’t dream of another culture. Live it!
Culture Chat concept:
Culture Chat is an online web platform which connects Users to Cc Guides (Culture Chat Guides) all over the world to learn about their customs, traditions, festivities, ways of life, languages, and familiarizes the Users with their local vocabulary and accent.
The Cc Events are an exclusivity Culture Chat.
No use of Culture Chat LLC’s logo, motto, concept or other artwork will be allowed without a written consent of Culture Chat LLC.
The photos and pictures on this site are Used By Permission.
You may access Culture Chat LLC (https://culturechat.us) for your own personal use subjected to restrictions set in these Terms & Conditions.
You must not:
- Republish or use material from Culture Chat LLC
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from Culture Chat LLC
- Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from Culture Chat LLC
- Redistribute content from Culture Chat LLC
This Agreement shall begin on the date hereof.
Parts of this website offer an opportunity for Users to post and exchange opinions and information in certain areas of the website. Culture Chat LLC filters, edits, publishes and reviews Comments prior to their presence on the website (https://culturechat.us), but none of the above when the Client is in communication by videoconference with the Cc Guide and therefore, Culture Chat LLC can not be held responsible for any such practice on third party applications. Comments and chat texts do not reflect the views and opinions of Culture Chat LLC, its agents and/or affiliates. Comments and chat texts reflect the views and opinions of the person who post their views and opinions. To the extent permitted by applicable laws, Culture Chat LLC shall not be liable for the Comments or for any liability, damages or expenses caused and/or suffered as a result of any use of and/or posting of and/or appearance of the Comments and chat texts on the third-party applications.
Culture Chat LLC reserves the right to monitor the videoconferences between the Users and the Cc Guides (Culture Chat Guides), as well as all Comments and chat texts, and to remove any Comments from our website which can be considered inappropriate, offensive or causes breach of these Terms & Conditions. Culture Chat LLC reserves the right to ban a Client who has offended the rules of these Terms & Conditions.
You warrant and represent that:
- You are entitled to post the Comments on our website and have all necessary licenses and consents to do so;
- The Comments do not invade any intellectual property right, including without limitation copyright, patent or trademark of any third party;
- The Comments do not contain any defamatory, libelous, offensive, indecent or otherwise unlawful material which is an invasion of privacy;
- The Comments will not be used to solicit or promote business or custom or present commercial activities or unlawful activity.
You hereby grant Culture Chat LLC a non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, edit and authorize others to use, reproduce and edit any of your Comments and chat texts in any and all forms, formats or media.
Users duties, obligations & rights
Please note the difference between Cc Session and Cc Event:
- Cc Session: One-to-One videoconference with a Cc Guide (Culture Chat exchange between the User and the Cc Guide).
- Cc Event: Group videoconference with a Cc Guide (little or no interaction between the Group and the Cc Guide)
The Users Duties, Obligations and Rights while using our Website (https://culturechat.us) are as listed below:
- A) General:
- A2) The User must be registered on our website before making any purchase. The User receives an email with his credentials once this procedure is done. The User may Log In with his/her credentials at any time.
- B) Payment & Coupons:
- B1) The User is directed to our PayPal portal for payments which accepts PayPal accounts, Debit and Credit cards. The User must agree to our third-parties’ legal notices.
- B2) The “Cc” (exchange token purchased for a Cc Session) is used to book the Cc Guide following his/her availabilities for a Cc Session. The User may also make a payment by his/her PayPal account, Debit or Credit Card.
- B3) The purchases are made in US Dollars ($USD) and are converted by PayPal in the Users’ local currency.
- B4) Culture Chat LLC reserves the right to change the base price of a “Cc”.
- B5) The User may purchase our “Cc” (exchange token for Cc Sessions) either individually (Discovery Pack), or in bulk packs such as 3 “Cc” (Stop-Over Pack), or 5 “Cc” (Trip Pack), allowing the User to be discounted for a multiple purchase of “Cc”s. The Cc Events can only be purchased by PayPal account, Debit or Credit card.
- B6) You may not use a “Cc” to purchase a Cc Event. The prices of the Cc Events vary from one to another depending on their nature and you will be directed to our PayPal portal for your purchase with your PayPal account, Debit or Credit card.
- B7) Cc Coupons are randomly available only for Cc Sessions. They have a limited life-time. There are no Cc Coupons for Cc Events as these are fixed prices and are directly purchased through our PayPal portal.
- B8) The User may purchase access to the Cc Event up to its starting time, providing there is still room for attendance (see Cc Event details in Cc Calendar).
- C) Service:
- C1) The User may choose any Cc Guide available following his/her schedule. The User may also book a Cc Guide by making a purchase directly on our check-out PayPal portal with a “Cc” or by any means accepted.
- C2) The Cc Sessions last 40 minutes in which the Cc Guide shares his/her culture in a proposed language and answers any question the User may have concerning his/her culture.
- C3) It is recommended to be connected at least 5 (five) minutes before the start of the Cc Session or Cc Event. The Cc Guide is asked to open the videoconference fifteen (15) minutes before the start for a Cc Event, and five (5) minutes before the Cc Session.
- C4) The User may book any Cc Guide with a 1 (one) hour notice, depending on the availability of the Cc Guide.
- C5) The Cc Sessions are done by videoconference. The User must agree to our third-party legal notices.
- C6) Culture Chat LLC records the videoconferences through our third-party provider, to ensure the User’s safety and the Cc Guide’s. You hereby accept that your image and sound be recorded and retained by Culture Chat LLC and be reproduced in case of a litigation. You also approve that all, or parts, of the recording may be used by Culture Chat LLC for online marketing purposes.
- C7) The User agrees that all the verbal conversations and chat texts with the Cc Guides will remain courteous and respectful. Discrimination in the discussion concerning age, disability, ethnicity, origin, political belief, race, religion, sex or gender, sexual orientation, language, culture and many other discriminatory grounds will not be tolerated and will lead to the banishment to access our website.
- C8) The User agrees that his/her microphone will be turned off his device during the Cc Events.
- C9) The User is invited to leave his/her Cc Guide an appreciation after the Cc Session for the Cc Guide to know where there is space for improvement, or to help continue his/her efforts towards excellence.
- C10) The Cc Events are group events where there is no, or very little, interaction with the Cc Guides. These events are organized by the Cc Guides for special occasions and visits.
- C11) The Cc Events may be booked as early as their publication is on our website (https://culturechat.us) and this up to the start of the event.
- C12) For your security, contacts between the Users and the Cc Guides should be limited exclusively through our website.
- D) Cancellations & Refunds:
- D1) The purchase of a “Cc” is not refundable in cash but may be reimbursed by being credited another “Cc” in return, if the reason is justified and approved by our administration, and after having contacted us at email@example.com. For your request, please include your Name, Address, Email, Phone Number that we have on file, as well as a copy of your receipt and the reason for your request. After review, we will re-credit your account with a replacement “Cc”. We reserve the right to deny your request.
- D2) The User may cancel his/her booking with a Cc Guide up to 1 day (24 hours) before the start of the Cc Session or Cc Event. After verification, a “Cc” will be re-credited to the User’s account in case of Cc Session, or will be reimbursed in cash for a Cc Event, within 30 days, minus the transaction fees. To generate a cancellation process by our administration, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your Name, Address, Email, and Phone Number which we have on file, and a copy of your receipt.
- D3) In all circumstances, if a Cc Session has been purchased in cash and reimbursed by the decision of the administration after you have sent your request by email to email@example.com, you will be re-credited one (1) “Cc” within a maximum of 30 days. There are no cash refunds for Cc Sessions.
- D4) The Cc Events are refundable only under the circumstances of an “Act of God”, “Force Majeure”, or cancelled by the Culture Chat administration. May this occur, you will be notified by email and the reimbursement will be done in a maximum of 30 days, minus the transaction fees.
Hyperlinking to our Content
Permissions for hyperlinking to Culture Chat LLC (https://culturechat.us):
- The following organizations may link to our Website without prior written approval:
- Government agencies;
- Search engines;
- Online directory distributors may link to our Website in the same manner as they hyperlink to the Websites of other listed businesses;
- System wide Accredited Businesses except soliciting non-profit organizations, politic groups, charity shopping malls, and charity fundraising groups which may not hyperlink to our Web site.
These organizations may link to our home page, to publications or to other Website information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way deceptive; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products and/or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
2. We may consider and approve other link requests from the following types of organizations:
- Commonly-known consumer and/or business information sources;
- Dot.com community sites;
- Associations or other groups representing charities;
- Online directory distributors;
- Internet portals;
- News organizations;
- Accounting, law and consulting firms;
- Educational institutions and trade associations.
We will review and eventually approve link requests from these organizations if we decide that: (a) the link would not make us look unfavorably to ourselves or to our accredited businesses; (b) the organization does not have any negative records with us; (c) the benefit to us from the visibility of the hyperlink compensates the absence of Culture Chat LLC; and (d) the link is in the context of general resource information.
These organizations may link to our home page after approval by us so long as the link: (a) is not in any way deceptive; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
If you are one of the organizations listed in paragraph 2 above and are interested in linking to our website (https://culturechat.us), you must inform us by sending an e-mail to Culture Chat LLC at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, your organization name, contact information as well as the URL of your site, a list of any URLs from which you intend to link to our Website, and a list of the URLs on our site to which you would like to link, as well as your motivation. Please expect 2-3 weeks for a response.
Approved organizations may hyperlink to our Website as follows:
- By use of our corporate name; or
- By use of the uniform resource locator being linked to; or
- By use of any other description of our Website being linked to that makes sense within the context and format of content on the linking party’s site.
Removal of links from our website
If you find anything on the linked Website that is offensive for any reason, you are free to contact and inform us any moment at email@example.com. We will consider requests to remove links but we are not obligated to or so or to respond to you directly.
We do not ensure that the information on the linked Website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we promise to ensure that the linked Website remains available or that the material on the Website is kept up to date.
We reserve the right to remove all links or any particular link to a third-party website linked to out website (https://culturechat.us) without any consent if we deem you the third-party website did not follow our present Terms & Conditions.
Reservation of Rights
We shall not be held responsible for any content that appears on your third-party Website. You agree to protect and defend us against all claims that is rising on your Website. No link(s) should appear on any Website that may be interpreted as libelous, obscene or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third party rights.
Without prior approval and written permission, you may not create frames around our Webpages that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of our Website.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable laws of Florida, United States, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to our website and the use of this website. Nothing in this disclaimer will:
- Limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- Exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and prohibitions of liability set in this Section and elsewhere in this disclaimer: (a) are subject to the preceding paragraph; and (b) govern all liabilities arising under the Disclaimer Notice, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort and for breach of statutory duty.
As long as our website (https://culturechat.us/) is a platform proposing only services, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature and of any sort.
Culture Chat Holidays’ Quiz
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
PROMOTION DESCRIPTION: The Culture Chat Holidays’ Quiz (‘Quiz’) begins on 2021-12-24 at 05:00 AM EST and ends on 2022-01-02 at 11:59 PM EST (the ‘Promotion Period’).
The sponsor of this Quiz is Culture Chat LLC (‘Sponsor’). By participating in the Quiz, each Entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is responsible for the collection, submission or processing of Entries and the overall administration of the Quiz. Entrants should look solely to Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the Quiz. Sponsor may be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org during the Promotion Period.
ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of undefined who are 18 (the ‘Entrant’). Sponsor, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective officers, directors and employees (the ‘Promotion Entities’), are ineligible to enter the Quiz or win a prize. Household Members and Immediate Family Members of such individuals are also not eligible to enter or win. ‘Household Members’ shall mean those people who share the same residence at least three months a year. ‘Immediate Family Members’ shall mean parents, stepparents, legal guardians, children, stepchildren, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses. This Quiz is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
HOW TO ENTER: Enter the Quiz during the Promotion Period online by visiting the entry form, which can be found on the following website at https://culturechat.us/cc-games-2/. Automated or robotic Entries submitted by individuals or organizations will be disqualified. Internet entry must be made by the Entrant. Any attempt by Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, logins or any other methods, including, but not limited to, commercial contest/quiz subscription notification and/or entering services, will void Entrant’s Entries and that Entrant may be disqualified. Final eligibility for the award of any prize is subject to eligibility verification as set forth below. All Entries must be posted by the end of the Promotion Period in order to participate. Sponsor’s database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Quiz.
WINNER SELECTION: The Winner(s) of the Quiz will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received throughout the Promotion Period. The random drawing will be conducted within 7 days after the Promotion Period by Sponsor or its designated representatives, whose decisions are final. Odds of winning will vary depending on the number of eligible Entries received.
WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winner will be notified by email at the email address provided in the Entry Information within 7 days after the random drawing. Potential Winner must accept a prize by email as directed by Sponsor within 7 days of notification. Sponsor is not responsible for any delay or failure to receive notification for any reason, including inactive email account(s), technical difficulties associated therewith, or Winner’s failure to adequately monitor any email account.
Any winner notification not responded to or returned as undeliverable may result in prize forfeiture. The potential prize winner may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability, and a Publicity Release (collectively ‘the Prize Claim Documents’). No substitution or transfer of a prize is permitted except by Sponsor.
LIMITATION of LIABILITY: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Culture Chat LLC and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Quiz and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
DISPUTES: This Quiz IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF United States, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Quiz, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Quiz, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Florida having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees. Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
WINNER LIST: To obtain a copy of the Winner List, send your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to Culture Chat LLC cc: Culture Chat Holidays’ Quiz at 1145 Via Jardin, Riviera Beach, Florida 33418 U.S.A.. Requests for the names of the winners must be received no later than 30 days after the Promotion Period has ended.
SPONSOR: Culture Chat LLC, 1145 Via Jardin, Riviera Beach, Florida 33418 U.S.A., email@example.com